Albert & Charnique got married on 9 August 2013 at 401 Rozendal, Stellenbosch. She is a grade 1 teacher, he an investment analyst. They met on Albert’s first day of his first year at Stellenbosch and been together for 6 years before they got married.
The wedding planning process:
We planned everything ourselves. We made sure that before we got back the major things were booked. From Korea, we booked the venue, photographer, DJ and hair/make-up artist. When we got back we started with the smaller detail. We just took it step-by-step. My mom helped a lot, friends and family has a hand in it too, which made it easier and so much fun. We had a lot of fun bringing our own personalities into the decor and the flow of the day.
The day before the wedding, we spent the whole day at the venue, helping with decorations. It was so much fun seeing everything you’ve planned and imagined come to life. We really had the best service providers, everything was done with so much care and precision.
Lights – Eric Collins – EC Lighting Solutions
Naked Bulbs, Flowers and couches – Goeters
Bedouin tent – Razley Ryklief
Dress – Elizabeth Stockenstrohm
Hair and Make-up – Iza Cloete
Photographer – Riekert Cloete
Videographer – Love Project Productions
DJ – Johann Kotze – TR Sound and Lighting
Different aspects of the wedding:
– Guest book: Quilt (hung on a wall on the dance floor, so everyone was writing letters, while others were dancing, it created a good atmosphere)
– Menu’s: “Kwakkies” – something to entertain the guests with
– Table plan: Jam jars, with the guests name and table number on the outside black board paint, filled with cocktails
– Wedding cake: A very yummy red velvet and cheesecake – cake
– Decor: Low table settings, with strings naked bulbs hanging from the ceiling, old Victorian style red couches, fairy lights on the dance floor and behind the bridal couple.
– An amazing venue, with an unorthodox feel and so much character.
Some tips or advise:
Plan, plan, plan. Don’t leave everything for the last minute. Enjoy every single minute of the planning; it is almost just as big part of your wedding as your actual wedding day. Use your friends and family to help you. HAVE FUN, it’s suppose to be the one of the best times of your life, you’re getting married, what is there to worry about?